Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day Eve!

I must admit, I am a total holiday person. I love every holiday!

Since I don't usually blog on Thursdays, today will be my St. Patty's Day post.

St. Patty's Day is all about the color green. I always make sure I have a green shirt to wear, or that I have a green marker handy, so I can draw green shamrocks on my hand to avoid getting pinched.

DMI also loves the color green!

We are Green e-certified and a recognized Green Business in Santa Clara County. So what does this all mean?
  • Our energy usage is offset by purchasing renewable energy credits
  • We use energy efficient lightbulbs in all of our light fixtures
  • We use recycled paper for all of our office needs
  • We encourage our clients to mail less and use recycled and/or FSC certified materials
  • Our production floor recycles, reuses, and re-purposes all materials
  • We use soy based ink for our printers
  • Our new office was designed with lots of windows to take advantage of natural lighting
  • Even our soda machine is green! There is a censor that shuts off the machine when people aren't walking by
What are some ways you or your business are being green? What are some ways you or your business are celebrating St. Patrick's Day?

--L

P.S. Someone get me some green beer!

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed that DMI is operating in such an environmentally responsible way!

    My company had a wonderful corned beef and cabbage luncheon for us today! Sadly, no green beer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We are quite proud ourselves!

    Sounds like a great luncheon. Maybe next year they'll have the green beer! ;)

    ReplyDelete