Friday, January 28, 2011

DMI's Community Weekend

I thought Friday would never come! But here we are, embarking on another weekend.

For this edition of Community Weekend, I want to feature an organization that is near and dear to my heart...the Humane Society of Silicon Valley. I was just there last weekend to get a vaccine for my dog, and for those who know me, my dog is probably one of the most important people in my life.

In the month of January, the Humane Society of Silicon Valley is doing discounted microchipping. It will only cost you $30 instead of the normal $45. You only have a few more days to take advantage of this offer, so I encourage everyone who has a pet to consider getting them microchipped this weekend. No appointments are necessary so walk on in!

Even if you're not interested in microchipping, there are a variety of other services available such as spay/neuter surgery, vaccinations, grooming, a member's only dog park, and even a doggie daycare! The remodeled facility which is right off Ames Street in Milpitas, is a great resource for all pet owners. Or if you want to become a pet owner, check out the adoption section of the website and take a look at the available pets. I know you won't be able to resist the cute animals!

Click on the link below for more information about microchipping and browse around the site for other fun stuff!

HumaneSocietySiliconValley

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

--L

1 comment:

  1. This is really great to know about! I've been wanting to get my cat micro-chipped...I wish I lived closer to bring him in there to take advantage of the discount. Wonderful of you to spread the news about the available pets for adoption too!

    ReplyDelete