Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Direct Mail Blunders

I can't believe July is almost over. Time sure flies when you're having fun!

I was browsing through Deliver Magazine and came across an article titled When Direct Mail Goes Wrong. It was a humorous take on direct mail mistakes that were submitted by marketers from around the world.

My favorite one was:

Wrong list was used and one personalization (my favorite) was “Dear Mrs. Mother Superior.” The magazine was not all that pleased.

We can laugh about it after the fact but we all know what a nightmare it is when a direct marketing vendor makes a data mistake.

DMI takes data very seriously (the word data is in our name after all!). We know the importance of having clean data and we go through proper quality control steps to ensure deliverability and maximize ROI.

For more information visit our Data Hygiene Solutions or contact me!

--L

No comments:

Post a Comment